Recipe by Debber
This is a hybrid of a pizza and a sandwich--in one handy little package. Mix-n-match to adjust for your own personal tastes. I dreamed this up while in line at the check-out knowing I needed something quick to satisfy DS who was anxious to get over to his friend's to watch the game on the big screen TV. DH and the Peanut Gallery thought this rated five stars! Hope you do, too! IDEA: Use the toaster oven OR a panini-maker to get these sammies to the peak of perfection!!!
Top Review by Scoutie
A great sammie! I added about 1 teaspoon of Italian salad dressing to the mayo. Like another reviewer, I added thinly sliced red onion. I baked them at 450 for about 6 minutes, then when they came out, added some thin slices of a fresh from the garden tomato! We really enjoyed them. Thanks for posting, Debber.
For one sandwich
- 2 slice Italian bread
- 9.85 ml mayonnaise
- 9.85 ml pizza sauce (or spaghetti sauce)
- 6 slice pepperoni
- 2 slice sharp cheddar cheese (or mozzarella)
- 14.79 ml grated parmesan cheese (or Asiago)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread mayonnaise on one slice and pizza or spaghetti sauce on the other slice.
- Lay pepperoni slices on the pizza sauce and the cheese over the top of that.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on the mayonnaise slice.
- Pop both pieces into the toaster oven (or put together and use a panini maker) until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Fold sides together, and serve while warm.
- VARIATION: try this with your favorite pizza toppings OR cheeses.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Cut on point into four pieces and use as "appetizers" or little kid-wiches.