Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is a quick stovetop and microwave dish. It can be a side or main dish with mushrooms, green mild chilies or chopped canned pimentos if desired. Tots are frozen precooked pressed potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 2 slices dry toast
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 3 -4 cups tater tots (potatoes)
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, add margarine, flour and milk.
- Turn to medium low heat. Wisk until all ingredients are mixed and stir until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add dry mustard, salt and pepper and stir until mixed.
- Add minced eggs and sliced mushroom if desired.
- Cook until hot and thickened.
- Spray Pam in round flat casserole dish.
- Add Tots.
- Microwave 5 minutes 80% power.
- Pour sauce over the top.
- Add shredded cheese if desired.
- Cut toast in 1 inch wide long strips.
- Place on top of the sauce.
- Microwave 4-5 minutes at 80% Power.