Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a combination of 2 great recipes. My very own Stir-Fried Hoisin Chicken With Sesame Seeds and Hoisin Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry . I liked elements from both and was constantly referring back and forth to get the perfect mix of ingredients, so I decided to write it down. Voila, here you go! This can be done in a skillet but a wok is my preferred way to cook this dish.
- 1 cup long grain rice, cooked will yield 2 cups, more as needed
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, more as needed
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 carrot, peel and cut into matchsticks
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, halved
- 4 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 6 ounces chow mein noodles, crunchy
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted for garnish (optional)
- Get your rice cooked according to the package instructions.
- Spray your wok with nonstick spry, this will prevent a sticky & messy cleanup from the hoisin.
- MAKE THE SAUCE: Combine and mix: the chicken broth, hoisin sauce, Worcestershire, wine, corn starch. Set aside.
- Heat wok over a medium heat. Add vegetable oil and heat to a shimmer.
- Add the garlic and ginger for 1-2 minutes. *Careful, have the lid ready, it will spatter POP!
- Add the chicken and saute until it is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Remove from the pan.
- Add more oil if necessary.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, carrots, water chestnuts, mushrooms - Saute for about 3-5 minutes until crisp tender. Do not overcook!
- Return chicken to the wok with the vegetables.
- Pour the sauce mix over the chicken and vegetables. Heat through for about 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice, Top with toasted sesame seeds, crunchy chow mein noodles, and sliced green onions. Enjoy!