Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This fabulous pizza is made with a zucchini crust and is great for people on South Beach or another low-carb or low-glycemic diet.
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- garlic salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 -2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium thinly sliced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- olive oil
- sliced vegetables (for toppings)
- Press grated zucchini in paper towels or cheesecloth to remove excess moisture.
- Combine zucchini, Parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic salt, and ground black pepper in bowl.
- Spread on Pam-sprayed pizza pan (or directly onto pizza stone) as crust.
- Bake crust at 350F for 25 minutes or until browned.
- Spread tomato paste over crust.
- Layer sliced tomatoes over paste and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle herbs over tomatoes.
- Cover with mozarella cheese and desired toppings.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
This could also be termed as a zucchini omelette. It was thin and soft, so use cutlery to eat.
This was great tasting! Should I be able to pick it up with my hands as the way I ususally eat pizza? Mine was just a little to thin or soft. Any suggestions?