Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just inflate a plastic palm tree, blow up a plastic monkey (!!), hang up a hammock, brush up on your limbo dancing skills......"How Low Can You Go".....and sip on this rum punch - close your eyes and imagine you are there.............Totally Tropical!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle light rum
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 6 oranges, juice of
- 6 limes, juice of
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 quarts ginger ale
- orange slice (to garnish)
- maraschino cherry, cherries (to garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine rum, pineapple juice, juice of oranges, juice of limes and sugar.
- Add ginger ale just before serving.
- Chill, serve over ice in glass, garnish.
- (For a special flavour -- top each serving of punch with 1 oz of Malibu Coconut Rum).
So yummy! I too used coconut rum. Very tropical!
OK....I made this recipe a few weeks back for a function we hosted at our home, 100+ people. I had quadrupled the recipe and placed it in the refrigerator until I was ready to serve it. I used it in my fountain bowl and it turned out wonderfully delish!!! Guests were able to fill their cups easily. I did sub out the rum and used parrot bay coconut rum; and instead of using the fresh squeezed juices; I subbed them out with orange and lime juice concentrates. It was just easier for me. All in all, the recipe was a hit!! I froze the left over base and will use it for later. Thanks for sharing!!!
I tried this while testing rum puches for a party. This was a nice fruity punch, but was just a little too sweet for what I was looking for.