Recipe by Kierralee
This is about the easiest and the best tasting meatloaf I have ever had... now I hate meatloaf... I really really do, but my Ex. mother in law made this for one of our Sunday dinners and I was hooked... this is so tender and yummy and the sauce it makes is mouth watering... just try it and you will thank me.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped fine
- 2 medium carrots, chopped fine
- 1 red pepper, chopped fine
- 2 large eggs
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground black pepper
- steak spices (to taste)
- 5 -6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- 4 -5 dashes maggi seasoning, sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl and using your hands -- mix meat, eggs, vegetables and spices adding bread crumbs to thicken the mixture so that it will form a large egg shape ball and hold its shape.
- In a large dutch oven heat oil until a piece of onion dropped in sizzles.
- Using your hands shape the meat mixture into a large egg shape. With two spatchulas, going under the large egg ball in both directions -- gently place meat into the heated oil, cover and simmer each side until nice and brown -- colour of brown sugar. When ready to turn over, again use the spatchulas -- it makes it easy to flip when using the two of them. If the meat breaks, this is an indication that it was not browned enough on one side.
- Once both sides have browned, put in the two cans of tomato soup with ½ can of water and stir until the tomato soup is well blended with the water and oil. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Our family enjoys this best with garlic mashed potatoes but some like it with plain rice as the sauce is wonderful with both.