Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish is super easy...and great on its own or as a side. I love to eat this when its really warm out because its so refreshing and light!
- 1⁄2 cup bulgur
- 1⁄2 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup mint (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons red onions (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bulgur is a type of grain, it cooks a lot like rice, so follow the directions on the package or use the 2:1 ratio, 1 1/2 cups of water for 1/2 cup of bulgur. Let the water come to a boil, than cover and simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the cooled bulgur, parsley, lemon juice, mint, tomatoes, and onions.
- Mix well so that all the ingredients are evenly incorperated. Let sit 30 minutes and than add the olive oil and re-toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and place in the fridge to get cool.
- Bon Apetite!