Recipe by Saphiragrrl
I don't quite remember were I got this one but I use to make them a lot and there great for a short notice party or sleep over! There also fun to make and you can add almost anything after dipping it in chocolate! You can use a microwave or a special chocolate melter to melt your chocolate, just make sure if your using a microwave to keep an eye on it ;) You also may need more chocolate depending on how many you want to make. If you want to make then mint chocolate dipped pretzels just add about a teaspoon of mint extract to the melted chocolate =)
Top Review by Chef*Lee
Fun idea!! I used white Ghirardelli chocolate chips and big salted pretzel rods. Had fun with Valentine's decorations but this could be done for every holiday, I love it!! Love the flavor of sweet and salty together and with a crunch!! White chocolate is pretty testy sometimes when melting and it seized on me, I think because of the big chunks of salt from the pretzels or I might have gotten some steam in it from keeping the heat on while dipping and decorating....If this happens to you, just add about a teaspoon of tasteless oil like canola and it should smooth back out for you and melt down again. I used a box with "X" holes cut into it to harden my chocolate in the fridge. It worked out great!! Thanks for posting a great and easy idea to make fun treats for any holiday!!!!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 2 cups white chocolate, chocolate chips
- 24 pretzels (You can use the ones that look like sticks to if you wish)
- 1 cup of any topping you like such as candy sprinkles, coconut, crushed peacons, etc
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt you Chocolate chips in the microwave or chocolate melter for as long as it takes to make the chocolate smooth and easy to use.
- Then using a fork put the pretzel on the fork and dip has much as you feel necessary. (If your using a stick like pretzel you can just hold it and dip if you like).
- Before chocolate cools sprinkle on your sprinkles,coconut,crushed peacons,etc.
- Put in fridge for about 10mins to harden.