Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
From Cooking Light Message Boards. For Double Chocolate-Banana Muffins: add 1/2 cup cocoa to dry ingredients.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray muffin tins with butter spray.
- Combine bananas, oil, applesauce, sugar, yogurt, and eggs; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine wheat germ, flours, baking powder and baking soda. Add banana mixture; stir until just mixed together. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes.
Yum. We really enjoyed these. I only had 2 bananas (but they were big), and used fat free vanilla yogurt. I used egg whites, all white whole wheat, 1/4 cup splenda and the rest sugar, and oat bran for the wheat germ. I also added the optional cocoa powder. Whew. But all basic subs. that should have been fine. And they were! These were moist but not too moist with a great flavor. Super easy to put together. Thanks Redsie. You have somne great low fat recipes!
This was simple to make and delicious. I used three frozen bananas and walnut oil. Also made them in 4 mini loaf pans. Also added vanilla extract because I alway add it to baked goods.