Recipe by gimme_a_spachler'
Adapted from fall '07 Paula Deen magazine. The first time I made it, I tried it out on a bunch of my former bf's skateboarder friends who've never tried buttermilk pie before. One of the boys reported that it was "totally bitchin", hence the name change.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar (if thats too much sugar for you,divide this into part sugar, part Splenda. It won't be as sweet, but)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted, but not hot to the touch)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (unbaked, pre-made)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Don't pre-bake the crust!
- Mix all ingredients together in a big bowl. Make sure everything is well blended. I found that adding the buttermilk last came out best.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 325 and bake for 1 hour. If the crust is browning too quickly, cover the pie with foil to keep the crust from burning.