Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
So good. Due to the calories, I usually only make this one once a year. Great for turkey leftovers. A nice goodie to anticipate. :)
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 6 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine, cooked and drained
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 -5 drops hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimiento
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the flour, salt,pepper and cayenne; stir until smooth.
- Gradually add broth; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for two minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in cream.
- Mix 2 cups sauce with linguini; pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Make a well in the center of the noodles, leaving about a 6 x 4 inch space.
- To the remaining sauce add turkey, mushrooms pimentos, parsley, and hot pepper sauce; mix well.
- Pour into the center of the dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20-30 minutes more, or until bubbly and heated through.
- Yield 8-10 servings.
I have made this a number of times and should have rated it before this. It is incredible and gets rave reviews every time.
very good! I used sundried tomatoes instead of the pimentos. was an awesome supper!