Recipe by CajunYat
My mother in law served these at a recent Sunday dinner. It is totally addictive. She uses it to get my father in law to eat things like flax seed and wheat germ. Great healthy snack for kids too.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar natural-style peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup Kashi 7 whole grain nuggets (or Grape Nuts brand)
- 1⁄2 cup nestle chocolate chips (or carob chips)
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Spoon entire jar of peanut butter into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Form into bite size balls, arrange on a platter and refrigerate for several hours.
- You can add more or less of things like the wheat germ, chocolate chips and maple syrup to suit your tastes, but the consistency should allow you to form solid balls.
- You can also vary your ingredients and add things like raisins, nuts, flax seeds etc.