Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pretty, refreshing drink is so good, you won't believe it. You can always add a shot of your favourite vodka to it. Personally I love it mixed with ginger wine or sparkling wine.
- 2 large Anjou pears
- 1⁄2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blackberrie
- 3⁄4 cup pear juice, chilled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon candied ginger, shredded
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon honey
- 2 lime slices, garnish
- Peel and core the pears.
- Put the prepared pears, raspberries, blackberries, pear juice, honey and candied ginger into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the berry mixture nto a chilled glass and garnish with a lime slice, sit back, take off your shoes and enjoy.
We had some really good high-end pears to use up and made this drink for Christmas with friends...it was an incredibly fun day...this drink was really tasty and added to the festive feeling. Couldn't find candied ginger, so used some dry spice and added banana's to one batch...and yes, we added vodka...lots of it!!!
This truly was a *Total Delight* I was a bit skeptical on the ginger but it was fantastic. The combination of the pears and raspberries with the ginger was perfect! Nice and refreshing. Thanks for sharing, I will make this again! (Made for Bevy tag Beat the Heat 8/08) Cheers ~V
BK, this is simply grand! I used frozen mixed berried, 1/8 tsp of powdered ginger (it's what I had) and Splenda for the honey. That small bit of ginger adds a real brightness and zip. The berries. pear and ginger are a top notch trio. It's thick and just delicious. Thanks Kato for another winner :D