Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Serve this Hawaiian snick-snack at your next luau!
- 20 ounces small round tostitos corn tortilla chips (bite-sized)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Melt butter on low heat, add the sugar, syrup, soy sauce, and sesame seeds and then bring to a boil and let boil for no more than 3 minutes; remove from the heat.
- Place half of the Tostitos in large bowl, add half of the syrup mixture and slowly mix thoroughly, taking care not to break chips.
- Spread the chips out evenly in an aluminum roasting pan lined with aluminum foil sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Repeat with the rest of chips and syrup and use a second roasting pan lined with aluminum and sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 250°F for 45 minutes on the first and third racks of the oven; stirring the chips every 15 minutes and rotating the pans between the first and third racks after each stir.
- Put the chips back into the bowl and stir frequently until cool, about 45 minutes or more.
- Store in an airtight container.