Recipe by KelBel
Another comfort food from my childhood.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Nice Mexican-ish comfort food. I did add some chopped onion to the beef mixture for more flavor. The bottom was just a bit too soggy for me.... maybe I would put all the chips on the top next time. I think sliced black olives would be great on top of the cheese, too! Thanx for sharing. I'll make this again with my little adjustments.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet, drain off fat. Add 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce and the taco seasoning; mix well.
- Line bottom of a 9x13 casserole with two cups corn chips. Crush remaining corn chips; set aside.
- Spoon meat mixture over corn chips.
- Combine remaining tomato sauce and the refried beans. Spread over the meat.
- Bake, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and crushed corn chips. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more.