Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another comfort food from my childhood.
Make and share this Tostado Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet, drain off fat. Add 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce and the taco seasoning; mix well.
- Line bottom of a 9x13 casserole with two cups corn chips. Crush remaining corn chips; set aside.
- Spoon meat mixture over corn chips.
- Combine remaining tomato sauce and the refried beans. Spread over the meat.
- Bake, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and crushed corn chips. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more.
Nice Mexican-ish comfort food. I did add some chopped onion to the beef mixture for more flavor. The bottom was just a bit too soggy for me.... maybe I would put all the chips on the top next time. I think sliced black olives would be great on top of the cheese, too! Thanx for sharing. I'll make this again with my little adjustments.
easy and indeed comforting..used FF beans and cheese to cut down on fat...kids liked it too
We really enjoyed this recipe. I did change the recipe a little by using fat free refried beans and low fat mexican cheese. I also didn't use quite as much corn chips in trying to cut back the calories a litte. Next time I would add onions and my husband would like the corn chips to not be crushed, so we'll give that a try. Very easy and perfect for a quick meal!