1/2 Photos of Tostadas With Chorizo
I love tostadas. And I used to be able to buy some brand of canned Refried Beans with Chorizo. Haven't been able to find them in years. So...I have come up with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- corn oil or canola oil, for frying
- 6 -8 corn tortillas
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1/4 lb bulk chorizo sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (combination) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (combination) or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese (combination) or 1 cup mexican cheese (combination)
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts or 1/2 head shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced or 8 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1Heat 1/8 to 1/4-inch oil over medium high heat. Fry tortillas 30 seconds on each side to light golden, 1 tortilla at a time. Drain tortillas on paper towels or brown paper sack. Season with a little sea salt while hot.
- 2Saute chorizo in medium skillet over medium heat, breaking up the sausage into small pieces. When cooked, add the can of refried beans to the skillet to heat through. Mix chorizo and beans.
- 3Spread hot beans on tortillas and top with a handful of shredded cheese, shredded lettuce and diced tomato pieces.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tostadas With Chorizo
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.7
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 1524.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 31.4 g