Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love tostadas. And I used to be able to buy some brand of canned Refried Beans with Chorizo. Haven't been able to find them in years. So...I have come up with this.
- corn oil or canola oil, for frying
- 6 -8 corn tortillas
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄4 lb bulk chorizo sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (combination) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (combination) or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese (combination) or 1 cup mexican cheese (combination)
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts or 1⁄2 head shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced or 8 grape tomatoes, quartered
- Heat 1/8 to 1/4-inch oil over medium high heat. Fry tortillas 30 seconds on each side to light golden, 1 tortilla at a time. Drain tortillas on paper towels or brown paper sack. Season with a little sea salt while hot.
- Saute chorizo in medium skillet over medium heat, breaking up the sausage into small pieces. When cooked, add the can of refried beans to the skillet to heat through. Mix chorizo and beans.
- Spread hot beans on tortillas and top with a handful of shredded cheese, shredded lettuce and diced tomato pieces.
This was so easy. My husband makes the best Italian sausage so substituted for the chorizo. Bought the tostadas at a local Mexican store, spread with the bean/sausage mixture then loaded them up with grated cheese, sour cream, salsa avocados & lettuce. Yummy ;) This will be one of my "go to" recipes when I'm at a loss for what to make. Thanks!
i used half the amount of re-fried beans and also used soy chorizo. my whole family loved it thanks
These were good. I had premade tostadas so saved me that step. Sour cream is must as another reviewer mentioned. The meat/bean mixture would also be wonderful on nachos with cheese melted in the broiler.