Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
My wife and I made this up. We both work and this is fast and good.
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1 can chopped green chili
- 1⁄2 can beef broth or 1⁄2 can chicken broth
- 1 box of old el paso tostadas
- 4 flour tortillas
- chopped lettuce
- chopped tomato
- cheddar cheese
- enchilada sauce
- Mix beans, green chiles, and broth.
- Heat in microwave until hot or heat on the stove if desired.
- Warm tostada shells in 350 oven for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place some of the bean mixture on the flour tortillas with cheese and roll up.
- Wrap with foil and place in oven for a few minutes to melt cheese.
- (You can microwave these but it will toughen the tortilla) Serve the tostadas cafetieria style by having each person make their own.
- Put some bean mixture on top of the shell and sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave to melt the cheese if desired.
- Put lettuce, tomatoes, and salsa on top and eat.
- Remove burros from the foil and top with any of the lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, or my favorite the enchilada sauce.
First off, I only made the tostadas because I forgot to buy flour tortillas. That being said, we loved this recipe and will make it often. I topped mine with Mexican blend cheese, sour cream, salsa and lettuce. We will try this with the flour tortillas because I love bean and cheese burros!