Recipe by mollypaul
Although tostadas do not typically have meat in them, this recipe does. Ground beef is usually used for tacos, refried beans in tostadas and a mixture of the two for burritos. I leave it up to you how you wish to enjoy your Mexican. Please feel free to take liberties with this recipe in regards to your own tastes.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 9.85 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml chili powder (store bought, Chili Seasoning Mix or your own recipe)
- 425.24 g can refried beans
- 4 tostadas or 4 corn tortillas
- 118.29 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 473.18 ml shredded lettuce
- salsa or pico de gallo
- jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- onion, minced
- green onions or scallion, chopped
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- avocado, diced
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef, onions, crushed red pepper, cumin and chili powder in a skillet until no longer pink, stirring to break into crumbles.
- Stir in refried beans.
- Place equal amounts of the beef and bean mixture on each tostada shell.
- Top with cheese, lettuce and tomato; dress tostada with the optional toppings of your choice.