1/2 Photos of Tostadas
Although tostadas do not typically have meat in them, this recipe does. Ground beef is usually used for tacos, refried beans in tostadas and a mixture of the two for burritos. I leave it up to you how you wish to enjoy your Mexican. Please feel free to take liberties with this recipe in regards to your own tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (store bought, Chili Seasoning Mix or your own recipe)
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 4 tostadas or 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1Cook ground beef, onions, crushed red pepper, cumin and chili powder in a skillet until no longer pink, stirring to break into crumbles.
- 2Stir in refried beans.
- 3Place equal amounts of the beef and bean mixture on each tostada shell.
- 4Top with cheese, lettuce and tomato; dress tostada with the optional toppings of your choice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.2
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 101.1 mg
- Sodium 760.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 36.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: