Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I always love eating Mexican style food - but hate how icky I feel after overeating at a Mexican restaurant. This is one of my favorite meals that I order. Very similar to making tacos, just on the shell instead. Quick and easy to make - I can cook this up on a weeknight.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, diced fine
- 0.25 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 4 corn tortillas (small)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 avocado, mashed
- cilantro, chopped, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Brown the ground beef with the garlic and onion. Once browned, add the jalapeno and taco seasoning( I don't measure this - I just sprinkle until the meat is coated with the seasoning). If the meat is too dry add a little water to help the taco seasoning absorb into the meat.
- While the ground beef is browning mix the two types of beans together in a small pan and heat on the stove.
- Separate the tortillas on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350. Check on these periodically - they are done when they are crispy and slightly brown.
- Mix the avocado, cilantro, 2 TB sour cream, 1/8 cup diced onions and lemon juice together to form a guacomole.
- Once everything is heated up top each tortilla with the bean mixture, then the meat, the cheese, the lettuce, the avocado mixture, sour cream, and salsa to taste. You can also top with black olives and/or tomatoes if you like.
- Enjoy :).