Recipe by cipherbabe
Simple, tasty tostada. To be really decadent, add a tablespoon or so of mayonnaise to the refried beans.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans (Rosarita)
- 4 tostadas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- iceberg lettuce (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan, brown ground beef over medium high heat. Drain and return beef to pan. Stir in tomato sauce. Lower heat and simmer until ready to use.
- Add refried beans to a small saucepan, and warm up over low heat until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, dice avocado and shred lettuce.
- Heat tostada shells according to packaging directions.
- Remove shells from oven and layer, starting at the bottom, refried beans, beef, cheese, avocado and lettuce.