Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Like flying saucers, just pick them up and eat! Another of Michael's Mexican dishes. As with the burritos, Michael puts meat on his, I prefer no meat.
- 3 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons refried beans
- 3 kalamata olives (sliced)
- 3 teaspoons stuffed green olives (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3 teaspoons onions (diced)
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce (thinly sliced)
- Fry tortillas in skillet in oil until crisp.
- Take off heat and spread on beans.
- Return to skillet and add olives, salsa, onions, and cheese.
- When cheese melts, serve onto plate and top with lettuce.
A quick lunch can't get any easier! I used prebaked low fat tostadas shells instead of frying and added chopped tomatoes & green onions atop the lettuce. The olives were a nice addition. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
I loved these! I really like tostadas, but never made them myself. I loved the olive combo here - different but delicious. I made these for lunch with some leftover recipe#50820 I made earlier in the week and topped with a little sour cream. A good way to use up tortillas. This would be a perfect lunch or snack anytime. Can't wait to have again - Thanks Sweetiebarbara!
Anytime you fry corn tortillas and put anything on it is goooood,this recpe I have made,very god.