Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can use toasted tortilla chips in this delicious salad.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinse and drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 head lettuce, torn in pieces
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- tortilla chips (1 large package)
- 4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet. Add beans and taco seasoning. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine lettuce, cheese, dressing, chips, avocado and tomatoes. Reserve a few chips, avocado and tomatoes for garnish. Add beef mixture and toss lightly.
- Place in serving bowl and garnish with the reserved chips on top.
- Note: you can also make it for 3-4 servings using half of the ingredients.