Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can use toasted tortilla chips in this delicious salad.
Make and share this Tostada Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinse and drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 head lettuce, torn in pieces
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- tortilla chips (1 large package)
- 4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet. Add beans and taco seasoning. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine lettuce, cheese, dressing, chips, avocado and tomatoes. Reserve a few chips, avocado and tomatoes for garnish. Add beef mixture and toss lightly.
- Place in serving bowl and garnish with the reserved chips on top.
- Note: you can also make it for 3-4 servings using half of the ingredients.