Recipe by RecipeMonster
My kids always asked me to make these when they were teenagers, they still put in a request for them when they come for a visit.
- 20 tostadas (5-inch shells)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups green peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (12 ounce) light beer
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup green chili, diced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and simmer with seasonings for 10 minutes, drain.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir until absorbed.
- Add beer, tomato sauce, sugar, water, chiles, olives; simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix together: Monterey Jack, cheddar, parmesan and parsley.
- Put tostada shells on baking sheets.
- Spread 1/4 cup of meat mixture over tostada shell.
- Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cheese mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 8 minutes.