Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
I started making this dish when I wanted to take ready made tostadas to work for my lunch. It's easy to make, I like making it on Sunday and its enough for 2 days for 2 people.
- 1 lb beef, for shredding
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans or 2 cups canned pinto beans
- 1 cup grated Cotija cheese
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (14 ounce) bagof guerrero tostadas, you won't use them all
- 3 cups spicy tomato sauce
Spicy tomato Sauce
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 2 green jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook beef by boiling in water a add garlic cloves, cook at medium hear for 2 hours or until meat is tender and will rip off easily.
- In a separate sauce pan boil tomatoes and jalapenos until both are soft. Let them cool and then pour in the blender with some of the water. Add oregano and salt, blend. Pour in a bowl.
- Pour the cooked or canned pinto beans in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour in a bowl.
- Cut up half a cabbage, shred. Place aside in bowl.
- Once the beef is done and cooled, shred it and place in a bowl.
- Use a casserole pan or 9x13 baking pan. Heat oven to 350.
- layer the pan with the tostadas, spoon in beans, add about 1 cup of the shredded beef, layer on the cabbage, sprinkle some cheese, pour about 1/2 cup of sauce. Do a second layer the same way starting with the tostadas. Once done top off with another layer of tostadas. cover the pan and place in oven for 45 minute let cool server you can top off each serving with more sauce.