Recipe by henry
I had most of a bag of pre-made tostadas handy so I invented this lasagna-like casserole to use them up.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 dried ancho chiles, seeded and diced
- 2 lbs tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 18 tostadas
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saute pan, sweat the onions, garlic and ancho chilies in the olive oil over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, lime juice and salt and simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and cilantro. Season to taste.
- Place 6 tostadas in a 9" x 13" baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the tomato sauce. Cover the sauce with 6 tostadas and top these with the cheese mixture. Cover the cheese mixture with the remaining 6 tostadas and top with the remaining tomato sauce and the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.