Recipe by Austin Girl
Easy, versatile and the whole family loves it! It serves great buffet style and is good for large families.
Top Review by Chickadeecj
One of the best mexican meals I have fixed. It was easy and very very good! I did burn the tostadas in the microwave when I tried to heat them up, but truthfully they taste better not heated up:) Thank you! Fabulous Dish! :)
- 2 lbs ground round
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans (I use they spicy version)
- 2 (1 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups kraft Mexican blend cheese
Toppings to serve on the side
- sliced avocado
- sour cream
- chopped lettuce, and
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef, drain and add Taco seasoning as directed on package. While meat is simmering heat refried beans in microwave - I use low fat butter to thin them a little.
- Spread beans on bottom of deep baking dish, top with beef, then cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes until bubbly. Serve on warm tostados with sides so people can fix them as they like.