Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy to make! Delicious corn-flavored crust with Mexican-style topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 15 x 10 x 1" pan. Mix biscuit mix, cornmeal, baking powder, vegetable oil, and water thoroughly. Roll dough in pan with pastry roller. Bake 10 minute.
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet. Drain any fat. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, olives, and refried beans. Spread beef mixture on top of crust. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 15 min or until hot.
- serve with sour cream if desired.