Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I received this recipe from my husband's aunt. I love the combination of the greens, Craisins, and crunchy cashews. A very refreshing salad for anytime of year!
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed, to your taste
- 1 (15 ounce) package romaine lettuce (Dole Classic Romaine)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup craisins, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- For salad dressing (enough for 2-3 salads), shake all ingredients together.
- This will make enough for 2 or even 3 salads.
- Whatever you have left can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Layer ingredients for salad mixture in your salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over, toss, and serve.
We really enjoyed this salad combination. I agree that the dressing is a little on the sweet side and that I used Splenda also, but we thought the combination was great. I only used about 3 tsp of poppy seeds and that seemed to work great. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 09
A very tasty blend although for me the dressing was a bit too sweet. I used Splenda rather than sugar and might cut down the amount a bit in future. BF was really impressed that I made salad dressing from scratch. I did use sunflower seeds, rather than cashews, since he's allergic to nuts.