Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
This salad goes good with any main dish and is especially nice with BBQ. Easy to carry to picnics or potlucks too! Just 4 ingredients make it fast and easy! Fits into many catagories for the Zaar World Tour especially SW.Taken from a Louisiana Cajun French Church Anniversary Cookbook.
- 2365.9 ml romaine lettuce, -prewashed in bag
- 118.29 ml Miracle Whip light or 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 425.24 g can mandarin oranges
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl tear lettuce into small pieces.
- Drain oranges and reserve 2 Tbsp of juice.
- Mix reserved juice, vinegar, onion powder and garlic powder with miracle whip until smooth.
- Add drained oranges and onions to lettuce.
- Drizzle miracle whip mixture over all and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.