Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Better Homes & Gardens Healthy Family Cookbook.
- 118.29 ml dried tomatoe (dry pack)
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml snipped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 946.36 ml torn lettuce
- 226.79 g can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red pepper, julienned
- 118.29 ml sliced onion
- In a shallow bowl place dried tomatoes and cover with 1/3 cup boiling water. Cover and let stand 30 minutes or til softened. Drain, reserving liquid. Add enough water to equal 1/3 cup liquid. Chop tomatoes; set aside.
- For dressing, in blender or food processor bowl combine 1/4 cup of the chopped tomatoes, 1/3 cup reserved liquid, vinegar, basil, garlic, sugar, and pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- In a large bowl toss together lettuce, the remaining dried tomatoes, garbanzo beans, sweet pepper, and onion. Add dressing. Toss gently to coat.