Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Better Homes & Gardens Healthy Family Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup dried tomatoe (dry pack)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 1 (8 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- In a shallow bowl place dried tomatoes and cover with 1/3 cup boiling water. Cover and let stand 30 minutes or til softened. Drain, reserving liquid. Add enough water to equal 1/3 cup liquid. Chop tomatoes; set aside.
- For dressing, in blender or food processor bowl combine 1/4 cup of the chopped tomatoes, 1/3 cup reserved liquid, vinegar, basil, garlic, sugar, and pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- In a large bowl toss together lettuce, the remaining dried tomatoes, garbanzo beans, sweet pepper, and onion. Add dressing. Toss gently to coat.