Recipe by Stewie
This is the house salad from Machus Red Fox restaurant (now closed) in Bloomfield Township, Michigan--better known as the restaurant where Jimmy Hoffa was last seen. Recipe from "Itadakimasu" cookbook put together by The Women's Group of the Tokyo American Club.
- 453.59 g bacon
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 purple onions or 1 onion, the size of a golf ball
- 113.39 g package blue cheese, crumbled
- 28.39 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until very crisp and crumble.
- Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice onion tissue-paper thin.
- Chill all items while you make the dressing.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Make sure the salad and dressing are well-chilled.
- To serve, mix together the dressing and lettuce, and toss lightly.
- Garnish with bacon, blue cheese, tomato and onion.
- Serve immediately.