Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the house salad from Machus Red Fox restaurant (now closed) in Bloomfield Township, Michigan--better known as the restaurant where Jimmy Hoffa was last seen. Recipe from "Itadakimasu" cookbook put together by The Women's Group of the Tokyo American Club.
- Fry bacon until very crisp and crumble.
- Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice onion tissue-paper thin.
- Chill all items while you make the dressing.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Make sure the salad and dressing are well-chilled.
- To serve, mix together the dressing and lettuce, and toss lightly.
- Garnish with bacon, blue cheese, tomato and onion.
- Serve immediately.
Wow! Great salad! For the dressing I just made a vinaigrette without the sugar. I used cherry tomatoes from my garden. We loved it! Thanks for the recipe!