This is the house salad from Machus Red Fox restaurant (now closed) in Bloomfield Township, Michigan--better known as the restaurant where Jimmy Hoffa was last seen. Recipe from "Itadakimasu" cookbook put together by The Women's Group of the Tokyo American Club.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g bacon
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 purple onions or 1 onion, the size of a golf ball
- 113.39 g package blue cheese, crumbled
- 1Fry bacon until very crisp and crumble.
- 2Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- 3Slice onion tissue-paper thin.
- 4Chill all items while you make the dressing.
- 5Mix together the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 6Make sure the salad and dressing are well-chilled.
- 7To serve, mix together the dressing and lettuce, and toss lightly.
- 8Garnish with bacon, blue cheese, tomato and onion.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tossed Salad with Blue Fox dressing
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.5
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.6 mg
- Sodium 1302.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 14.2 g