Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Colorful veggies soak up the tangy flavor of a creamy apple dressing in this 15-minute salad.
Make and share this Tossed Salad With Apple Cider Dressing recipe from Food.com.
APPLE CIDER DRESSING
- 1⁄4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate (thawed, from 12-oz can)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded apples
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 ounces chopped fresh mushrooms (1/2 cup)
- 8 medium radishes, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- In large bowl, mix all dressing ingredients with wire whisk or fork until well blended.
- Add salad ingredients; toss.
This is a lovely salad! I really liked the dressing; I added plenty of fresh ground black pepper and for me that really brought out the flavors and kept it from being too tangy or sweet. I left out the radishes, otherwise made as directed. I think walnuts would be a great addition as well. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers
I made this recipe for the dressing so used spinach, tomatoes, red onion, eggs, zucchini, and bacon as the salad. The dressing was very, very tart so I added a tsp of splenda to try to mellow out the flavors and that worked somewhat but still very tart. My dressing didn't get as thick as Andi's photo showed and didn't really stick to my salad. I'll play with this one as I liked the base recipe. Thanks Annacia. Made for "Let's Party"
Loved the dressing. It is the star; tart, creamy, and thick enough to coat. For the salad I used a spring mix & spinach. MNade for Diabetic Tag.