Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I can eat the noodles all by themselves. I serve this with Asian dishes because I always want something other than just rice. You can make the dressing the day before and heat the noodles while you finish your main dish.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons chopped parsley, fresh is definitely best
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 5 ounces canned chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- salad greens, sufficient for 8 people
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- Dressing: In a food processor or blender, combine all dressing ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- May be made 24 hours ahead.
- Noodles: In an oven-proof dish, combine all noodle ingredients, mixing well.
- Heat in a preheated 200 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Salad: Place greens in a large salad bowl.
- Just before serving, add water chestnuts then warm noodles.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
This just didn't do it for us. The salad dressing does not have an oriental taste and we thought the noodles were overpowering for the mildness of the dressing. Seeing the prior two 5 star reviews only goes to prove that we all have different tastes.
This was a great salad recipe. The dressing was very very tasty. I made it up the night before my dinner party and let the flavours mingle. The noodles and the water chestnuts were a nice difference.I didn;t change a thing and I am glad I didn't. I'm always looking for new salads and dressings keep them coming TPubmgjbd
Thanks so much for this "tossed salad recipe with a difference"! As I believe in making life as simple as possible, I substituted Ranch Dressing for this dressing. Instead of tearing the lettuce I cut it up in 1" squares. Even this gives it a new twist. Everyone loved it. Thanks again!Dottie5