Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
About.com has a large section on Latin/Caribbean cooking. "Cuban tossed salad is a simple yet delicious salad. Serve the tossed salad for a light lunch or with dinner. This recipe is very versatile; you can substitute any variety of tomato, onion, lettuce or radish. The fresh dressing is worth the extra effort to make, but if you don't have time you can use bottled vinaigrette."
- 2 roma tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1 large onion (sliced into thin rings)
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 -6 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 2 -4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Arrange tomatoes, onion, lettuce, and radishes on a serving platter, or toss them together in a salad bowl.
- Using a blender, mix together garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette type dressing.
- Chill the salad and dressing until ready to serve.
All I wanted was a simple salad to go with our main dish and this delivered. I used fresh toms, lettuce and onions from our CSA box, too. Lime zest was added for garnish. Made for ZWT 9.
Just what I needed to complete tonight's dinner. This is a lovely and flavorful salad that would be so easy to enjoy on it's own as a lunch. The dressing is a treat and I think I'll be making this again soon, it's a winner. Made for ZWT 9.
I enjoyed this easy to make and easy to eat salad. I didn't have radishes so used some jicama which worked nicely. Thanks Bethie! Made for ZWT#9 2013 by one of the Hot Stuff.