1/1 Photo of Tossed Salad Cubano
About.com has a large section on Latin/Caribbean cooking. "Cuban tossed salad is a simple yet delicious salad. Serve the tossed salad for a light lunch or with dinner. This recipe is very versatile; you can substitute any variety of tomato, onion, lettuce or radish. The fresh dressing is worth the extra effort to make, but if you don't have time you can use bottled vinaigrette."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 roma tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1 large onion (sliced into thin rings)
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 -6 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1Arrange tomatoes, onion, lettuce, and radishes on a serving platter, or toss them together in a salad bowl.
- 2Using a blender, mix together garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette type dressing.
- 3Chill the salad and dressing until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tossed Salad Cubano
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.1
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens