Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wee bit of sprucing up brings this salad to center stage on your picnic or dining table. Instead of using Ocean Spray Ruby-Pomegranate Grapefruit juice as indicated in the original recipe, I substituted freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and pomegranate molasses (aka pomegranate syrup). Adapted from oceanspray.com.
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, juice of, large
- 4.92 ml pomegranate molasses, to taste
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2.46 ml sugar (I used unbleached white, honey or agave nectar would work well, too!)
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise (I've used both, the mayo' is homemade) or 59.14 ml plain yogurt (I've used both, the mayo' is homemade)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 170.09 g mixed baby greens
- 236.59 ml fresh blackberries
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 59.14 ml toasted slivered almonds
- In a small non-reactive bowl, whisk together the grapefruit juice, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, black pepper, salt and sugar.
- Add mayonnaise and oil. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Dressing is best prepared at least an hour in advance. Before serving, taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- In a large bowl, toss together all salad ingredients except for the slivered almonds.
- Divide equally among 4 salad plates.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over salads. Garnish with the slivered almonds.
This was a yummy salad and dressing !! I had prepared the dressing early in the morning so it had time to sit as suggested. I did add an extra teaspoon of Pomegranate syrup. Could not find pomegranate molasses... I would of liked the dressing to be a bit thicker...but the flavor was really delicious. Made for a great lunch with half a sandwich each, we both enjoyed very much. Thanks for sharing your recipe Cookgirl
We really liked this, but it did need more pomegranate molasses. I added an extra 1.5 tablespoons to the dressing (in order to taste it) and drizzled more onto the salad, to really punch up the flavor. I think you could play around with the ratio to make it even better. I also left the sugar and mayo out (personal preference). Thanks for this creative recipe suggestion!
This was very good and makes for a pretty presenetation its a lovely fresh summer salad. DD and I both enjoyed it. I used the juice of an extremely puckery grapefruit. I found in order to taste the pomegranate molasses I had to double the amount. I used lemon juice from a fresh organic lemon and had to increase the sugar (I used white) to taste because of the unfavorable grapefruit. I used Helmans olive oil mayonnaise to be soy free, fresh raspberries in replacement of the blackberries, although blackberries would be better in this. I had to replace the dried cranberries with some good raisins as I didnt have any on hand but really they were good in this salad anyway. I toasted my own slivered almonds in a dry frying pan. I let the dressing sit as suggested. I will make this again with blackberries and good raisins or maybe try the dried cranberries. Made for Ramadan Tag