Recipe by COOKGIRl
A wee bit of sprucing up brings this salad to center stage on your picnic or dining table. Instead of using Ocean Spray Ruby-Pomegranate Grapefruit juice as indicated in the original recipe, I substituted freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and pomegranate molasses (aka pomegranate syrup). Adapted from oceanspray.com.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
This was a yummy salad and dressing !! I had prepared the dressing early in the morning so it had time to sit as suggested. I did add an extra teaspoon of Pomegranate syrup. Could not find pomegranate molasses... I would of liked the dressing to be a bit thicker...but the flavor was really delicious. Made for a great lunch with half a sandwich each, we both enjoyed very much. Thanks for sharing your recipe Cookgirl
- 1⁄2 ruby red grapefruit, juice of, large
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (I used unbleached white, honey or agave nectar would work well, too!)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I've used both, the mayo' is homemade) or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (I've used both, the mayo' is homemade)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small non-reactive bowl, whisk together the grapefruit juice, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, black pepper, salt and sugar.
- Add mayonnaise and oil. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Dressing is best prepared at least an hour in advance. Before serving, taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- In a large bowl, toss together all salad ingredients except for the slivered almonds.
- Divide equally among 4 salad plates.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over salads. Garnish with the slivered almonds.