1/2 Photos of Tossed Green Salad With Grapefruit-Pomegranate Dressing
A wee bit of sprucing up brings this salad to center stage on your picnic or dining table. Instead of using Ocean Spray Ruby-Pomegranate Grapefruit juice as indicated in the original recipe, I substituted freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and pomegranate molasses (aka pomegranate syrup). Adapted from oceanspray.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 ruby red grapefruit, juice of, large
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (I used unbleached white, honey or agave nectar would work well, too!)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I've used both, the mayo' is homemade) or 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I've used both, the mayo' is homemade)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1In a small non-reactive bowl, whisk together the grapefruit juice, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, black pepper, salt and sugar.
- 2Add mayonnaise and oil. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Dressing is best prepared at least an hour in advance. Before serving, taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- 3In a large bowl, toss together all salad ingredients except for the slivered almonds.
- 4Divide equally among 4 salad plates.
- 5Drizzle the salad dressing over salads. Garnish with the slivered almonds.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tossed Green Salad With Grapefruit-Pomegranate Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 105.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens