Recipe by Impera_Magna
Found in an online search in response to a request, this sounds so good that I'm posting it so I can find it! Developed by CeCe Sullivan of The Seattle Times food staff.
Top Review by ritchiekat
Great dressing which I made with the addition of finely chopped candied ginger and some golden pear liqeur. I used white balsamic vinegar. My pear salad was made with barletts and cambozola cheese and I addded fresh fennel and candied walnuts. Yum!
- 2 canned pear halves in natural juice, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (15 grinds)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 ripe bosc pear
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, finely crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the dressing:
- In a blender or food processor, puree the.
- drained pear halves with the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper until very smooth and silky.
- Transfer to a jar, cover andrefrigerate.
- To prepare the salad: Place the chopped walnuts in a small dry skillet. Toast over medium heat about 4 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the salad mix in a bowl and cover with a paper towel. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Peel the tough outer skin from the bell pepper with a vegetable peeler. You probably won't be able to get all of the peeling off, especially in the crevices of the pepper. Stem, seed and finely sliver the pepper; put.
- into the bowl with the salad.
- Just before serving, core and dice the pear and add to the salad with the walnuts and Gorgonzola. Add the dressing, toss to coat and serve.