Recipe by MarieRynr
I love Cobb salad and this version is easy and very tasty! I think a good dressing can take an ordinary salad and make it something special and this dressing does just that.
- 12 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 12 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 3 avocados, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 cups salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a large jat with a tight fitting lid. Cover and shake together to mix.
- Combine the bleu cheese, bacon, eggs, avocados, tomatoes and green onions in a large salad bowl and mix well.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Add the salad greens and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- You may add 4 cups of chopped cooked chicken, or a mixture of chicken and chopped ham and serve as an entree.