Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A tossed salad version of a classic Italian appetizer. This delicious recipe is easy to prepare and serve for a group or family. The bite sized pieces make it simple to serve as a side salad. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch large leaf italian basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe's 21 seasoning salute
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch coarse grinded pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and add to a salad bowl. Cut fresh mozzarella into small pieces (similar to halved tomatoes) and add to the same bowl. Tear basil leaves into pieces and add to salad bowl. In a seperate bowl add 21 Seasoning Salute, sugar, salt, pepper and oil. Wisk to mix all ingredients. Drizzle the vinegar into the mixture and wisk again. Add the dressing to the salad bowl and toss the salad together, then serve.
Great, easy to make. We modified the recipe by adding 1/2 cup of chopped Kalamata olives and 1/2 cup olive oil soaked sun dried tomatoes for a little added punch.
Very good indeed. Great use for the Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute! Next time I will use just a pinch of sugar. Otherwise, it was perfection, in my book. Sometimes we like to add blue cheese sprinkles too. Thanks for posting.