Recipe by rnaesj
A tossed salad version of a classic Italian appetizer. This delicious recipe is easy to prepare and serve for a group or family. The bite sized pieces make it simple to serve as a side salad. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch large leaf italian basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe's 21 seasoning salute
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch coarse grinded pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and add to a salad bowl. Cut fresh mozzarella into small pieces (similar to halved tomatoes) and add to the same bowl. Tear basil leaves into pieces and add to salad bowl. In a seperate bowl add 21 Seasoning Salute, sugar, salt, pepper and oil. Wisk to mix all ingredients. Drizzle the vinegar into the mixture and wisk again. Add the dressing to the salad bowl and toss the salad together, then serve.