Recipe by LAURIE
Great tossed salad to make when going to a potluck/party. Can be made up to 2 days ahead. I usually double this when a larger salad is needed potlucks.
Top Review by Cooking Mother
I really liked this salad, and plan on making it again. I didn't put dry mustard, or parmesan, simply because those ingredients were not in my pantry. Used olive oil in place of the reg. salad oil. I also used different portions sizes for some of the ingrediants. Also prepared this the night before. In any case I found this to be a tasty salad, and will most likely make this again. This is a wonderful base of greens/dressing that can be a very versatile recipe. Thanks so much for sharing. Regards.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 quarts mixed greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix garlic, salt, dry mustard, lemon juice and oil together with a fork in the bottom of the serving bowl.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over all but do not stir.
- Cover with washed and dried greens, filling to top of bowl.
- Seal tightly with clear plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, toss very well, this can be done by turning upside down as long as the wrap is tightly in place.