Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great tossed salad to make when going to a potluck/party. Can be made up to 2 days ahead. I usually double this when a larger salad is needed potlucks.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 quarts mixed greens
- Mix garlic, salt, dry mustard, lemon juice and oil together with a fork in the bottom of the serving bowl.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over all but do not stir.
- Cover with washed and dried greens, filling to top of bowl.
- Seal tightly with clear plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, toss very well, this can be done by turning upside down as long as the wrap is tightly in place.
I really liked this salad, and plan on making it again. I didn't put dry mustard, or parmesan, simply because those ingredients were not in my pantry. Used olive oil in place of the reg. salad oil. I also used different portions sizes for some of the ingrediants. Also prepared this the night before. In any case I found this to be a tasty salad, and will most likely make this again. This is a wonderful base of greens/dressing that can be a very versatile recipe. Thanks so much for sharing. Regards.
The first time that I tried this salad I let it set in the refrigerator for the required amount of time, I could hardly wait. I was pleasantly surprised at how well I liked it. I have made this several times since using whole ground mustard instead of the dry mustard, and adding a teaspoon of sugar with twice the amount of lemon juice. Either way this is a good dressing and method for preparing salad greens. Mmmm...
This was a very quick and easy throw together dressing for a salad. It was great that you could just put it in a tupperware bowl with a lid and just shake when ready to serve. I also added a splash of vinegar to it and used olive oil for the salad oil. It was enough dressing to coat the salad but seemed to lack just a little bit in flavor. Might try adding a few things to it next time. Thank you for the recipe!