Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a sindhi sweet dish from a magazine, its easy...and tastes great with tea...
- 150 g refined flour or 150 g all-purpose flour
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pink food coloring (optional)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- water, to knead
- 120 g sugar
- oil, to fry
- 3 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Sieve the flour and salt and the baking powder.
- Dilute the food color in the milk and add to the flour.
- Mix in the ghee, vanilla essence and add water to make it into medium soft dough.
- Rub oil on your palms and make medium sized balls of the dough.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the toshas on low medium so that they get cooked from the inside.
- Fry all the toshas, a few at a time, till they are golden in color.
- In another pan melt the sugar with 3 tablespoon water, when the sugar has melted add the toshas while the syrup is hot and stir gently.
- Put out the flame so that the sugar coats the toashas.
- Allow to cool.
- These can be had over a period of 5 days.