Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups spicy sausage, links cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in half lengthwise and then cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups kale leaves, cut into half and then sliced
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place sausage links onto a sheep pan and bake for 25 minutes or until done; cut in half lengthwise, then cut at an angle into 1/2 inch pieces Place onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear.
- Remove bacon and crumble.
- Add garlic to the onions and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Add chicken base, water, and potatoes.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale and cream.
- Simmer 4 minutes and serve.