1/1 Photo of Toscakaka / Tosca Cake (Swedish Almond Cake)
1 hr 45 mins
This recipe comes from a collection that my swedish mom and her friends put together for a hospital benefit cookbook many years ago when we lived in Omaha, NE. (Around the time I was born - 31 years ago...:) They created and entire Scandinavian section! Recipes like this one have been in my life since I was a child and now I'm making them for my family! This is fabulous cake that goes really well with an afternoon cup of coffee - Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon sifted flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
ALMOND SUGAR TOPPING
- 1For Cake:.
- 2Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- 3Sift 1 cup plus 1 tablespoons of flour with baking powder and salt.
- 4Stir in flour mixture alternately with cream, stir until well blended.
- 5Add melted butter or margarine, blend until smooth.
- 6Butter a pie plate and sprinkle with fine, dry breadcrumbs or flour; coat well. Spoon batter into 9" pie plate. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until middle of cake is firm.
- 7For Almond Sugar Topping:.
- 8Combine almonds with remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring until mixture begins to bubble.
- 9Remove from heat and stir briskly a few times.
- 10Spread top of cake very gently with Topping.
- 11Turn up heat to 375 degrees, return cake to oven and bake 5-10 minutes longer, with a cookie sheet under the pan to prevent the bottom of cake from getting overdone. bake cake until topping is brown and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toscakaka / Tosca Cake (Swedish Almond Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.0
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 333.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g