- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds or 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs with sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in flour and melted butter. Mix well.
- Pour into greased 9" round cake pan. Bake at 350' for 30 minutes.
- Mix all topping ingredients in small saucepan. Heat the mixture, stirring continually, but do not boil. Simmer a few seconds until thick, remove from heat.
- Spread over cake. Put cake under broiler until top is golden and bubbly.
- Serve plain, warmed or at room temperature.