4 hrs 20 mins
Ann Marie F's Note:
From the Soprano Family Cookbook. The cooking time is actually freezing time. Freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the cookies in a small heavy-duty plastic bag and crush them with a heavy object.
- 2There should be about 1/4 cup crumbs.
- 3Combine the cream, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and almond extract in a large chilled bowl.
- 4Beat with a hand-held electric mixer on high speed until the cream holds soft peaks when the beaters are lifted.
- 5In a clean bowl, with clean beaters, beat the egg whites with the salt on low speed until foamy.
- 6Gradually increase the speed and beat until the the whites hold soft peaks.
- 7Fold the whites into the whipped cream.
- 8Spoon the mixture into 8 wine goblets.
- 9Sprinkle the tortoni with the amaretti crumbs.
- 10Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- 11Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortoni, Frozen Almond Cream Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.8
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.5 mg
- Sodium 63.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g